Welcome

At the beginning of the 19th century, the British Community resident in Valparaíso established St. Paul´s Anglican Church, built in 1858 by the architect William Lloyd.

At the time St. Paul´s was built there was no freedom of religion, Cathiolicism being the only official religion. Therefore the design of the church meant it had to keep a low profile, hence the absence of a cross and steeple. In 1979 it was declared a Historic Monument.


Bienvenidos

La Iglesia Anglicana Saint Paul de Valparaíso nació de la comunidad anglicana instalada en Valparaíso en el siglo XIX, y se construyó en 1858 por el ingeniero y arquitecto William Lloyd.

El diseño debió someterse a la legislación vigente, que establecía el catolicismo como religión oficial, con exclusión de cualquier otra. Esto exoloca la baja altura del templo y la ausencia de cruz exterior, campanario y puerta principal. En 1979 fue declarado Monumento Histórico y representa un hito del Valparaíso Patrimonial.