Saint Paul´s Cathedral is the first Anglican church built in South América and is a member of the Corporación Iglesia Episcopal Anglicana de Valparaíso. (Anglican Episcopal Church Corporation). The Corporación was established in Valparaíso in 1875 as a Consular Chaplaincy and has its own jurisdiction. On March 9, 2016, Saint Paul´s Church was declared First Anglican Cathedral of Chile in a ceremony celebrated by Reverend Dr. Héctor Zavala, Primate Bishop of the Anglican Province of South America and Diocesan Bishop for the Anglican Church of Chile, its maximum authority in our country. Next day, Bishop Zavala, in a solemn ceremony, installed Reverend Simon Brignall as Rector for Saint Paul´s Cathedral of Valparaíso.
Rector of Saint Paul´s Cathedral
Saint Paul´s Cathedral is administered by a Directory, together with the collaborative participation of a representative of the Anglican Church. Its members are:
The Restoration Committee is the entity in charge of caring for the maintenance and restoration of the Cathedral´s building. Its members are:
Oenone Davies de Gray
Christine Evans de Viñuela
Michelle Prain de Serrano
Mary Walbaum de Lynch
Jorge Carvajal Copsey
Círculo de Amigos de Saint Paul
The “Círculo de Amigos de Saint Paul” (Saint Paul´s Circle of Friends) was formed by members of the Anglican Community with the aim to help with, and back up, the efforts of the Restoration Committee.