The imposing “Queen Victoria Memorial Organ”, visible from both sides of the Choir, was presented to the Church by the British Community resident in Valparaíso, in memory of Queen Victoria, who reigned between years 1837 and 1901. Installed between 1902 and 1903, the letters VIR (Victoria Imperatrix Regina) are inscribed on it. The original organ of the Church, which is still being used, was sold to the nearby Lutheran Church of Valparaíso
This instrument, built by the Forster and Andrews firm in England on a model designed by Mr. Craig Christie, was installed in Saint Paul´s Church in 1903. It is considered one of the best of its kind on the west coast of South América.
The organ, which was partially damaged in the 1906 earthquake and reconstructed again in 1910, consists of 33 families of tubes, each one fulfilling a different function. There is a total of 1604 pipes of different sizes situated behind the original, decorated ones. The tones of the organ vary, ranging from a distant whisper to the majestic beauty that reverberates throughout the church.
Videos of Christian Sundt playing